Harrison County Schools
is partnering with
Opportunity for FREE online CNA classes & paid clinical experience WHILE in high school!
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM
What is The Salem Center?
The Salem Center is a skilled nursing facility affiliated with Genesis HealthCare. The Salem Center has long-term residents, along with short-term residents who are there for rehabilitation and therapy.
What does a CNA do?
- Provides hands-on direct care to residents assisting with all activities of daily life (ex. feeding, clothing, bathing, toileting)
- Works in conjunction with the nursing staff
- Using hospital-based data tracking systems
- Learning healthcare procedures and processes
Benefits of becoming a CNA at Salem Center
Must be employed with the Salem Center and work at least 12 hours per month.
- Entry-level opportunity; foundation for a future nursing or healthcare career
- FREE online CNA classes
- PAID clinical experience
- $9 per hour while in clinicals and $13 per hour once certified
- Internal advancement opportunities in other departments (medical records, human resources, admissions, and marketing)
- Tuition reimbursement for employees going on to get a nursing degree
- Nation-wide company with transfer opportunities to other locations
Must be 18 years or older in the 2nd semester of your Senior Year
Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
Must pass a readiness test
Must have a recommendation from school principal
Pre-hire Screening Includes:
All paid for by Genesis Healthcare
Contact Your High School Principal Or Counselor For More Information